Ana B. Alba focuses her practice on commercial (business) litigation, corporate, small business, copyrights & trademarks, immigration, and real estate. Ms. Alba has successfully advocated on behalf of many clients. She has advised clients in making the right decisions for their specific legal needs.
Ms. Alba is the founder and principal attorney of Alba Law Firm, P.C. Ms. Alba is a seasoned attorney with over a decade of legal experience. She has handled numerous state and federal litigation cases in both New York and New Jersey. She graduated from Hunter College of The City University of New York, cum laude, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Sociology with departmental honors in both majors.
Ana B. Alba obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law – Newark. While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Alba was a Managing Editor of the Rutgers Law Review and an Executive Board Member of the Rutgers Moot Court Board. She was also a PRLDEF scholarship recipient.
While in college and in law school, Ms. Alba interned with non-profit legal service organizations servicing low income individuals with landlord-tenant disputes. Throughout the years, Ms. Alba has also volunteered with several community organizations that promote the rights of immigrants and consumers.
Admitted in both New York and New Jersey, Ana B. Alba has zealously represented many clients in both states. She has counseled clients on various matters including contract disputes, business torts, real estate litigation, and business law matters.
Prior to founding the firm, Ana B. Alba was a commercial litigator at a large and prominent international law firm (AM LAW 100) in New York City where she represented CEOs, Fortune 500 corporations, small companies, banks, and entrepreneurs. Today, Ms. Alba focuses on counseling medium-to-small business owners, entrepreneurs, and individual clientele on litigation and transactional matters. Ms. Alba is a fluent and native Spanish speaker. She is a member of various professional legal associations and is active in community affairs.
Ana B. Alba has an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubble. The AV® rating is the highest Martindale-Hubble awards for both legal ability and ethical standards.
- Represents a company in arbitration for a breach of a patent licensing agreement.
- Represents a corporation in arbitration for a breach of a professional services agreement.
- Represented a marketing firm in its business formation.
- Represented a candle manufacturer in obtaining its trademark.
- Represented a social media company in obtaining its trademark.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of a lawsuit against a defendant consumer who was sued for a $9,600 debt.
- Secured a settlement for a defendant consumer with a savings of over $6,000 on a judgment totaling over $11,000 representing a savings of more than 50%.
- Vacated a default judgment and attained a complete refund of all wages garnished.
- Settled a $4,800 debt for $1,000.
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- New York (2003)
- New Jersey (2003)
- New York State Appellate Division, 2nd Department (2003)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (2003)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (2003)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (2003)
PROFESSIONAL BAR ASSOCIATIONS
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association