Ana B. Alba focuses her practice on business litigation, corporate, small business, copyrights & trademarks, immigration, and real estate law. As a seasoned attorney, she has over a decade of extensive legal experience in both litigation and transactional matters.
Ana has zealously litigated claims in New York and New Jersey Federal and State courts, as well as arbitration forums. Her complex commercial litigation practice specifically includes: employment-related disputes representing management; business torts; intellectual property claims; and complex breach of contract matters. Among her accomplishments, Ana has successfully defended companies in disputes seeking injunctive relief against ex-employees vis-a-vis allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets, violations of non-compete agreements, and tortious interference with contractual relations.
Her transactional experience includes: business entity formation, business sales, non-disclosure agreements, commercial real estate lease negotiations, and residential real estate (home) purchases.
While in college and in law school, Ana interned with non-profit legal service organizations servicing low income individuals with landlord-tenant disputes. Throughout the years, Ana has also volunteered with several community organizations that promote the rights of immigrants and consumers.
She graduated from Hunter College of The City University of New York, cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Sociology, with departmental honors in both majors. Ana obtained her Juris Doctorate from Rutgers University School of Law – Newark. She was a Managing Editor of the Rutgers Law Review, and an Executive Board Member of the Rutgers Moot Court Board.
Previously, Ana was a commercial litigator at a large and prominent international law firm (AM LAW 100) in New York City, representing CEOs, Fortune 500 corporations, small companies, banks, and entrepreneurs. Additionally, she is a member of various professional legal associations and is active in community affairs. She is a Spanish speaker with native fluency.
- Defended an international corporation for alleged violation of a non-compete agreement, unfair competition, tortious interference with prospective economic interference, tortious interference with contractual relations, intentional interference with contractual relations, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented a company in arbitration seeking royalties for a breach of a patent licensing agreement.
- Represented a corporation in arbitration for a breach of a professional services agreement.
- Represented a marketing firm in its business formation.
- Represented a foreign corporation in the food industry in securing its trademarks.
- Represented an optical chain in several of its commercial lease negotiations.
- Obtained a dismissal on behalf of a foreign corporation in a New Jersey state court action alleging violation of a non-compete agreement, interference with contractual relations, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully secured a complete dismissal of a lawsuit against a defendant debtor.
- Secured a settlement for an information technology corporation for a breach of contract.
- Represented a client in an inquest for damages resulting in an award.
- Represented various immigration clients in obtaining their permanent residence and naturalization, and family-based petitions.
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- New York (2003)
- New Jersey (2003)
- New York State Appellate Division, 2nd Department (2003)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (2003)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (2003)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (2003)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (2013)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (2013)
PROFESSIONAL BAR ASSOCIATIONS
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association